Sunday, November 28, 2010

3 year headache.

I have a headache.  Actually, I've had a headache for about a week now.  Actually make that 3 years.  I'm not sure if it's from my kids yelling at each other, or from me yelling at them, or perhaps a little of both.  Regardless, I have one heck of a pounding brain.  


I have attributed my head pain to stress.  Child-related stress of course.  You just can't deny it.  Having 3 kids is stressful.  You get out of bed: one is crying.  Your first sip of coffee: they are fighting.  You walk out of the shower: something is crashing.  You're trying to make dinner: they are all whining. You try to use the washroom: they are hitting each other. You try to go to sleep: someone starts crying.  On and on and on and on, day in and day out: noise, noise noise noise noise!!!


So, I try positive visualization.  A sort of word faith for moms:  if you say and believe it, it will come to beautiful fruition!


Here's how that goes:  I'm sitting at the table, reading the newspaper.  The two big kids are playing on the computer.  The babe is wandering about, playing with toys and chasing the dog.  There is a scuffle, and big kid one begins yelling at big kid two.  As always, to be expected, a loud, whiny "mooooom" is soon directed your way.  The positive visualization begins!!


"Mooooom, he pulled my hair!!"


In MY head I hear "Mooom! He hugged me a little too hard!"


I say, "Oh well, don't worry about that, babe."


She says, "MOOOM! He pulled my hair and spat at me!"


In MY head I hear, "Mooom! He hugged me too hard AND kissed me!"


I smile, "Oh gosh that's sweet!"


Her protest intensifies with tears, "MOOO-OOOM!  He is turning off the computer, he has a fist full of my hair, and he gave me a nose bleed!"


I giggle and laugh as I drown out and ignore the fight, and from the kitchen comes a crash and splat as baby drops a full carton of eggs on the floor.


In MY head I hear "Get off your ass and stop daydreaming you FOOL!!"  


Crack open the Tylenol and suck it up, baby.  It's going to be a long 19 years x 3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment